Due back no later than 5:00pm on Tuesday, May 13.
(1) Discuss these room arrangements from a classical management perspective and human resources perspective. How well does each support teamwork. To what extent does each arrangement reinforce management power?
(2) Discuss these arrangements from a systems perspective. How might these arrangements shape the informal network of the group?
(3) Discuss these arrangements as "I" and "we" environments. Which is more effective as an "I" enironment and why? Which is more effective as a "we" environment and why? How might each arrangement be modified (without moving anything, but you can add things) to create more of an "I" environment.
(4) How do relational skills and storytelling contribute to making a good leader. Describe three additional skills that contribute to leadership. How do the needs of different kinds of organizations affect the kind of leadership skills that are appropriate? How does matrix management address this skills mix problem?
(5) Differentiate anticipatory socialization, formal socialization, and informal socialization. How do interviewing, peer training, and listening skills relate to these stages of the socialization process
(6) One of the most important things we do in a meeting is manage a groups time. Why is managing time in a meeting important to an organization. How do the various components of the "process of a meeting" help to manage meeting time effectively?
| -- Last edited September 18, 2015 |
Go to Main Topic list