Identifying a working organizational ecology where at least people have to work together to accomplish a goal. Examples might include:
- a newsroom
- an office
- a dugout or sideline in sports
- the communal area of a group home
Your term paper should explore three different ways in which this working ecology might be arranged. One of the three arrangements should be the way it is organized now. The second should be an improved spatial arrangement. The third should be a virtual (e.g. non-proximate) working arrangement. What media are, might, and should be used to support the groups work? How is, might, and should the work environment be arranged spatially and to structure time. What communication problems are solved and created by each work arrangement? How does each arrangement support teamwork and head-complement relationships? Use ten or more references to support your designs and conclusions.
Answers to questions about the term paper:
- A statement of what I expect in a term paper
A conversation with a student about the term paper on Instant Messenger that may have value for other students:
- student (3:13:51 PM)
- Dr. Foulger?
- professor (3:13:57 PM)
- student (3:14:14 PM)
- I have a few questions about the paper
- professor (3:14:19 PM)
- student (3:14:45 PM)
- I was going to write about WTOP our campus television station and how it is a working ecology, but I am a bit stumped on how to get 10 sources from this
- professor (3:15:36 PM)
- What have you looked for?
- student (3:16:27 PM)
- Well I am kind of stuck because there is no concrete information on the station, I have been a part of it for 3 years so I know most of the information
- professor (3:19:28 PM)
- I assume you know about the station ... and I wouldn't expect that it would be the source of your references. Am I missing something?
- student (3:20:32 PM)
- I guess I am just confused on where to find 10 sources about this topic since it is not something that is documented in a book or on the web -- maybe this is a wrong topic?
- student (3:22:05 PM)
- I am not sure where to start searching for references for the questions that are posed on the web site
- student (3:27:58 PM)
- maybe we could set up a time tomorrow to discuss this?
- professor (3:31:07 PM)
- You can't find anything on how you organize a workplace effective?
- professor (3:31:49 PM)
- You can't find anything on how people can work together on a distributed basis?
- student (3:31:49 PM)
- i am sure i can I am just a little confused on what exactly you are looking for in this paper
- professor (3:32:29 PM)
- I won't be town again until Monday.
- professor (3:33:02 PM)
- But start with fundamentals.
- student (3:33:05 PM)
- professor (3:33:12 PM)
- How is WTOP organized now?
- professor (3:33:29 PM)
- Are there problems with the current setup?
- student (3:33:50 PM)
- yes i can explain all of that fully , but that is where i find the problem in lack of sources
- professor (3:34:03 PM)
- Have other people talked about television station/studio setups in the literature?
- student (3:34:15 PM)
- there is a constitution so i am using that
- student (3:34:28 PM)
- i have begun to look that up as well
- professor (3:34:38 PM)
- Is there anything in what they have described that might suggest how WTOP might be organized better?
- student (3:35:16 PM)
- i am getting more ideas -- so basically this paper is pretty open ended -- there is no set topic -- correct?
- professor (3:35:22 PM)
- Is it possible for WTOP to operate on a distributed/virtual basis?
- professor (3:35:33 PM)
- This paper is pretty open ended.
- professor (3:35:35 PM)
- student (3:35:39 PM)
- student (3:35:46 PM)
- thanks for the ideas!
- professor (3:36:01 PM)
- There is a specific set of questions ... and a lot of ways to answer them.
- professor (3:36:08 PM)
- professor (3:36:11 PM)
- Good luck.
- student (3:36:13 PM)
|| -- Last edited September 18, 2015 |
to Main Topic list
Unless otherwise noted, the contents of this page
were written by participants on the Media Space Wiki, operated by Davis Foulger,
and should be cited accordingly. For example (APA):
Foulger, D. and other
participants. (September 18, 2015). Spring03 Organizational Term Paper. MediaSpaceWiki. Retrieved on from
azitromicina canadian pharmacy viagra viagra cialis cheap generic viagra Canadian pharmacy acheter une pharmacie pharmacie en ligne Canadian pharmacy viagra ed pills buy zithromax buy cymbalta pharmacie viagra staxyn avanafil pharmacien en ligne viagra online ed meds generic viagra viagra vs cialis xenical online cialis vs viagra ed drugs pharmacy en ligne buy nexium viagra cialis