All pages here are editable by anyone, so this suggests that some basic style conventions are useful.
Tips and hints
- Use a clear but informal voice. Expect others to elaborate or complete your writing. (This is easiest if you write in third person.)
- Notes and comments need not be in chronological order on the page -- add them where they seem to fit best, possibly set apart or as separate page with a link inserted in the original text.
- First person accounts are suitable when reporting experience not easily reduced to facts or advice, e.g. anecdotal, personal opinion or added comments. Sign these. Such can often form dialogue threads.
I think wikiwiki servers are interesting. -- WikiSignature
- Note that this kind of signature points to a page where we would expect a presentation of who "WikiSignature" is. This is the joy of hyperlinked text.
- One useful wiki-convention when "commenting" is WikiWord in someone's text to create "open links" ("?"-prefixed) when you feel some further clarification or explanation is needed -- You can in fact do this in your own text to invite comment or elaboration from others. A later reader will then (hopefully) be prompted to provide this content. This can be as a new page, or by again editing and adding to the original text (possibly removing the open link).
- Horizontal rules can be used to set apart different voices, subtopics or context breaks. (The end-of-page rule is automatically added by the server.)
- It can be useful to later summarize main points at top of page when several people have posted a lot of material. A page can be re-edited or broken up into several pages of the (dialogue) threads seem to become to convoluted. A self-styled ?WikiMaster may also summarize the main points of a page to provide a fresh start.
- Edit pages to emphasize the flow of ideas, not the chronology of contribution. Complete rewrites that condense the essentials of many different contributions are one of the charcteristics of wiki life.
- Finally, don't say things designed to make others mad. Practice civility and understatement. You will reach ten times as many readers even if you miss the ones you want to zing.
|| -- Last edited September 18, 2015 |
to Main Topic list
Unless otherwise noted, the contents of this page
were written by participants on the Media Space Wiki, operated by Davis Foulger,
and should be cited accordingly. For example (APA):
Foulger, D. and other
participants. (September 18, 2015). Style Guide. MediaSpaceWiki. Retrieved on from
azitromicina canadian pharmacy viagra viagra cialis cheap generic viagra Canadian pharmacy acheter une pharmacie pharmacie en ligne Canadian pharmacy viagra ed pills buy zithromax buy cymbalta pharmacie viagra staxyn avanafil pharmacien en ligne viagra online ed meds generic viagra viagra vs cialis xenical online cialis vs viagra ed drugs pharmacy en ligne buy nexium viagra cialis