The key features that differentiate dialog from discussion
- Equality and the absense of coercive influences
- Listening with empathy
- Bringing assumptions into the open
Dialog Strategy 1: Check for the presence of all three core requirements of dialogue - equality, empathic listening, and surfacing assumptions nonjudgementally - and learn how to introduce missing ones.
A brainstorming session is a planned meeting with rules that ensure these three requirements.
Group Project: Select a seriously devisive disagreement.
- What is the essense of the disagreement
- What communities are involved
- What is the perspective of each.
- What do they claim they advocate
- What do they say about the other side
- What values underlie this difference
- What opportunities are there for understanding and finding common ground
|| -- Last edited September 18, 2015 |
to Main Topic list
Unless otherwise noted, the contents of this page
were written by participants on the Media Space Wiki, operated by Davis Foulger,
and should be cited accordingly. For example (APA):
Foulger, D. and other
participants. (September 18, 2015). Relationships And Communities Session Eleven. MediaSpaceWiki. Retrieved on from
azitromicina canadian pharmacy viagra viagra cialis cheap generic viagra Canadian pharmacy acheter une pharmacie pharmacie en ligne Canadian pharmacy viagra ed pills buy zithromax buy cymbalta pharmacie viagra staxyn avanafil pharmacien en ligne viagra online ed meds generic viagra viagra vs cialis xenical online cialis vs viagra ed drugs pharmacy en ligne buy nexium viagra cialis