Index Card Assignment due Wednesday: Select a community that would be interesting to use as the primary example in your term paper.
- Extreme emotion is almost always about other people
- the biggest problem with getting our way in the world
- and it most often happens because we don't adequately consider others
- There are three skills of compassion:
- And if we don't exercise them, other people will have problems with us, too.
Emotion as a barrier to dialogue
- Sometimes the situation in which our dialogue needs to take place is antithetical to good dialogue
- adversarial attributions
- Entrenched positions
- the effect of any interchange can be to dig the trenches even deeper
- better to create understanding before attempting negotiation
- it is are to abandon our familiar assumptions, paradigms, and prototypes
- how do you trust someone whose view are abhorrent to you.
- Serious conflicts of interest
- If any solution means somebody walks away feeling they've lost something, it isn't likely to succeed
- This is especially true when the thing they have to give up or somehow adapt is an article of faith.
- How do you deal with an "infidel"
|| -- Last edited September 18, 2015 |
to Main Topic list
Unless otherwise noted, the contents of this page
were written by participants on the Media Space Wiki, operated by Davis Foulger,
and should be cited accordingly. For example (APA):
Foulger, D. and other
participants. (September 18, 2015). Relationships And Communities Session Twenty Seven. MediaSpaceWiki. Retrieved on from
azitromicina canadian pharmacy viagra viagra cialis cheap generic viagra Canadian pharmacy acheter une pharmacie pharmacie en ligne Canadian pharmacy viagra ed pills buy zithromax buy cymbalta pharmacie viagra staxyn avanafil pharmacien en ligne viagra online ed meds generic viagra viagra vs cialis xenical online cialis vs viagra ed drugs pharmacy en ligne buy nexium viagra cialis